Friday, October 24, 2008

That's how I roll


I've done sewing projects off and on with my kids and Solomon was wanting to sew something new (he just thinks it's cool to use a machine that if you put your finger in the wrong place could get a needle through it). We've made lots of fun easy sewing projects together and so I started hunting for something new and maybe a little more complicated. I found this fun tutorial for a crayon roll and knew my kids would love it. It's perfect too because the math curriculum I use involves a lot of coloring and they are always hunting for the right color. We went the fabric store and I let them each choose 3 fat quarters to make their roll up. I thought they turned out so cute
Now Adelaide just sat on my lap while I pretty much made the whole thing but Solomon and Jocelyn were able to make them all by themselves. We've been working on more for christmas presents for their cousins and friends (act surprised ok?) I did come up with a different idea for the closure, I just used a pony tail holder and a button, I think it's more kid friendly than tying a bow. She makes one darn cute seamstress eh?


5 comments:

Tati said...

These are very cute! I really like the fabrics they picked out, especially Jocelyn. I think my kids would love them!

emily said...

VERY CUTE! I love the fabric picks and I'm "sew" impressed with your kids! How old are they?! I love your closure idea too, much better. I've been thinking Maddie's old enough to start learning to sew, you've just inspired me with a project!

emily said...

PS-- your daughter looks exactly like you!

Margie and Mark said...

Yes, and she is also a talented singer :) I still smile when I think of her in Primary. . .

Ginny said...

These are so cute. I actually thought you must have taken a picture off the internet of the finished product. This would be a great Christmas gift for them to make.