Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dollar store frames

I have always loved the looks of the large wall with the a large symmetrical display in matching frames. The problem always was it is expensive to buy 12 matching frames and then to find coordinating prints to go in them... I have this huge wall at the end of my kitchen and I needed something to fill it without costing a fortune. I have always loved the art on the back of the cooking magazine, Cook's Illustrated (best cooking magazine ever!) so I decided to use that. I found these unfinished wood diploma frames at the dollar tree and decided to go for it.

I spray painted all the frames red so that they would make a larger impact and then hung them in two rows across the wall. I taped paper up the wall in several different configurations but ended up liking this arrangement best. I may do one more row on the top (the ceiling is 12 feet)or a smaller row of 5x7 prints but I like this wall a lot better now.


I linked this to CSI. This weeks theme is dollar store. People have made some incredible stuff from the dollar store!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Elena said...

Love them. They looks really cute.

Heidi said...

I need to do some fun projects like this to brighten up the place. Come inspire me! I love the bed frame and the wall display...and green storage baskets. I love it all!

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, that looks fabulous!!!!! DIY and Cheap Chic. Lurve. ;-)