Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Guest bed make-over

Whenever summer time starts and I switch to my more easy going homeschool schedule I start getting excited for projects again. Last summer I worked on the girls room, I refinished their dressers, made curtains and decorated their walls. This summer I am at more of a loss of what to do since we will *hopefully* be buying a new house soon I don't want to do things specifically for the spaces we have in this house since they may not work in the new house. So I am trying to start with the projects that will work anywhere. I refinished a headboard for Grandma's room AKA the guest room. Side note: Jocelyn asked me the other day when we could have another baby when I asked her why she said she missed Grandma and wanted to see her again.

I didn't take a picture before I primed it but here is this old Oak head board. I found it on craigslist, it belonged to the former mayor of Fremont's son you know :) I got it from the lady who used to clean their house, they gave it to her about 20 year ago and now it's mine.





I wanted something bright and cheery to add a pop of color to the room. So Apple Green it became:
Photobucket

I wanted to make it a little more original so I found the perfect stencil and Martha Stewart here and made a stencil to add to the little squares. I distressed the whole thing and put it in it's new home. Maybe I will make the applique pillow too although the darling ruffle pillows my friend Emily made would look great too. Now Grandma has a new reason to come and visit :)

I am linking this up to the Martha Stewart challenge for the CSI project.


Photobucket

10 comments:

emily said...

I love it! That apple green is so fun! Very cool to have a "celebrity" headboard... I'm sure grandma will love it too!

Ginny said...

I love it. Have you thought of painting the nightstand green also?

René said...

Green is such a happy color and Martha's stencils are the best!

Decor To Adore said...

Now this is fabulous~ Well done!

Katie said...

Love that green! It looks great!

Katie @ Favorites and Things said...

I love the headboard it looks great! The color is my favorite. Don't you love what you can find on Craigs list.

Tati said...

So cute!

Anna M said...

Very cute! I have some furniture refinishing questions for you...It looks great.

Angie Holden said...

Hey Johanna! I did not see your email addy anywhere. You are a winner!

http://www.thecountrychiccottage.net/2010/06/giveaway-winner-and-window-reminder.html

Drop me an email with your shipping info please.

Elena said...

What a great project. I'd never think apple green would work. But it's great! So talented.