Sunday, June 20, 2010

To my Dad

I've always been a Daddy's girl.

My dad has always been there for me, helping me with tough decisions and setting an example for me on how to live life. Here are some of my favorite memories of my favorite dad.

1) As a little girl I loved having my dad fix my hair. I felt this special bond with him because we both had blond curly hair. He would be so gentle and use his special fuzzy brush and talk about how pretty I was.

2) During school we would have a surprise visit from the 'principal' for lunch which always made the day more special.

3) On my 16th birthday my Dad took me out of school at lunchtime and we went on a date to the DMV to get my first official driver's license. Afterward we went to lunch at Taco Cabana.

4) A year later I got my first speeding ticket. I was too scared to tell my Mom, I told Dad and he helped me work everything out and even broke the news to mom for me.

5) I loved doing the swing and jitterbug with my Dad at dances. I even loved when he would give me lessons on how to keep the boys a 'safe' distance away at the dance.

6) Going on walks with Dad was a tradition. We had great conversations as well as him trying to embarrass me in front of the bus stop by doing little skipping steps in front of my friends.

7) I got my Dad's sense of humor, whether we are wrestling each other off of a footstool at the BYU bookstore or just teasing each other we have a lot of fun together.

Thanks for always being there for me Dad. Words can't express how much I appreciate your example and love. I love you.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Chris, Emily, and I enjoyed reading this together. You do have a special dad...we love him! I have always admired the relationship you have with your dad. It is delightful to see you two together.