Wednesday, February 7, 2007

{Jinxed!}

So I think I jinxed myself yesterday about the whole ‘good mom’ thing. Today I think I am going to get the chance to prove myself. We started out with Hugo not setting his alarm clock and so he was running too late to walk to the gare to catch the 5:38 train he needed to catch in order to get to Paris in time to catch his train to some town north of paris. So I had to wake up all the kids and drag them down to the car to run Hugo to the gare. I had to run a red light to make it but he did catch his train, with literally one minute to spare. By then of course the kids are all bright-eyed and bushy tailed and the chances of them going back to sleep are slim to none. So I resign myself that I am up for the day when Jocelyn comes up and says, “Mommy what’s this on the back of my neck?” Chicken pox. Yes I thought we had gotten by with only Solomon getting it but no, it looks like I am in for the long-dragged out version where they come down with it one at a time every two weeks. She already has more pox on her than Solomon had, hopefully it doesn’t keep getting worse with each kid.

But good news is that when I called the Dentist to cancel our appt for this afternoon I discovered that our appointment was for the 14th (gotta love this language barrier thing) so at least I didn’t drive all the way into Paris for a non-existent dentist appt!

No comments: