Sunday, February 25, 2007

{Yummy Stuff}

I love to cook. I love to try out new recipes. Sometimes I have to make myself make the same thing. I also love to experiment. Hugo's always says he’s lucky if I follow a recipe exactly the first time and then it’s a miracle we have the same thing without me changing anything. Sometimes this turns out really good and sometimes not so good. This morning it turned out good! I was making pancakes, I made some with blueberries and then I decided to see if we liked red currants in them. Then on the last couple I decided to try and mimic the flavor of our favorite pastry here in France, Croissant aux Amandes et Chocolate.

Imagine a croissant with chocolate inside soaked in an almond sauce and then sprinkled with almonds and powdered sugar, Heaven! So I added some almond flavoring, coconut and chocolate chunks to my pancake batter. Yummy! It was delicious. Definitely going to do that variation again.

Today we have a wedding to go to. It will be a full day affair. The wedding is at 3 but then the reception right after goes until all hours. It will be fun to take pictures and see what a French wedding and reception is like.

Monday we are taking off for Frankfurt, Germany. Hugo and I really need to plan what we are going to do there soon, like I should be doing that now:) Reminds me I need to download and burn a new book on CD for the kids to listen to in the car. We just finished listening to Peter Pan, it was really fun.

I have a few more templates (I made my Dance Dance Revolution page into one) that I will be putting up soon, maybe I will have time tomorrow before we head out...

One new page for me:

My little girl loves babies and she has really latched onto this vintage doll that was given to us. She calls it her 'Baby Emma'. It's so sweet to watch her.
Credits are found http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=78807&cat=all&ppuser=422

3 comments:

Dielle said...

It was fun to get your comment on my blog. Cool you're going to Frankfurt! I graduated from HS there... an American one that no longer exists. My dad was in the Army.

I have a book suggestion, that we listened to on CD and my kids LOVED. Peter and the Starcatchers. It's perfect since you just listened to Peter Pan. It's (oddly enough) by Dave Barry, and is the backstory of how Peter came to have the power of flight, live on the island, fight Capn' Hook, etc. Have a great trip!

LovetoScrapLeslie said...

Precious--little girl and layout!
Just seeing your little girl holding her doll makes you want to hug her! Great layout!

elenasworld said...

Very beautiful layout -- it is so sweet how she is holding her dolly