Monday, February 19, 2007

{Winter Break}

So apparently the kids are on winter break now. If you knew me at all you would think I was the kind of mom who would be super involved with her kid school. But since I don't speak French I am pretty much in the dark. If Sol hadn't come home with a note on Friday saying there was no school for the next two weeks I would have had no idea. I would have showed up to take them to school today. At least if I had done that nobody would have been there to see me look so stupid :)

I am excited for the week of with the kids. I miss the laid back days of getting up whenever we want and not having a specific schedule. Don't get me wrong, there are good things about having to get 4 kids up and ready to be out the door by 8:15 everyday, for instance we all have breakfast together and I read the kids books and we learn a new song for church at breakfast (I don't usually eat breakfast so I need something to do while they are eating). I do plan on doing that during winter break but I didn't this morning so I'm not off to a great start.

I wanted to scrap some picture of Ike before he had chicken pox so I made this page of him eating his first real food (also for lifts with a twist). I'm a lazy mom in a lot of ways. I don't do baby food. I have better things to do than sit and spoon feed a baby for 20 minutes when half of it ends up on his clothes anyways. So I just wait until they are about 7 months old and start handing them food at meal times. Keeps them occupied atleast.


Credits are here
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=76583&ppuser=422

7 comments:

Pea in a Pod said...

Cute layout! And I so understand being in a foreign country specially with kids goes to school! I don't speak the language that much here too :)

Have a great week!

Yen

~*Jennifer*~ said...

The kids here don't have break until March 9th I think. Hope you have a good time with the kids! Great layout!

Lena Brandenburg said...

I love that layout...too funny about not knowing it was break till the last minute! :)

Brandi said...

That is a very cute layout! I can't relate to the school thing yet, but I hope you enjoy their time off!

LVMommy22 said...

i am so glad someone else thinks jar food at an early age is a waste of time! my friends all thought i was nuts when i didn't jump in at four months, spoon in hand, with a big bowl of lumpy rice cereal. my kids had stuff like pizza crust to gum up when they showed signs of wanting food - at around 6 or 7 months. thanks for making me feel more like a good mom! lol!
:) M

LVMommy22 said...

oh yeah, tracy b sent me ... and i'm so glad she did!
:) M

shawnyrvr said...

I really like the page a whole lot with the Polaroid's of your son. It is a very very nice layout!!!
TFS! Shawna